A Woman's Guide to Breast Augmentation
and Breast Implants
Find an ImplantInfo Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Near You

Meg's Story

Breast Implants and Breast Augmentation Stories from our Visitors

If you have already read Nicole's Story, you have a pretty good idea what this section of the website is all about. After several women emailed their breast augmentation stories to us, we thought it would be great to have women share their full-length recovery stories after their breast implant surgeries for everyone's benefit. Thankfully, many women have contributed, some in more detail than others.

Here are the stories of our visitors. Many names have been changed for privacy. Where appropriate, there is detail in parentheses so you can decide if you are interested. Click on a name to read.

Contribute Your Story Here!

Wonderful Experience with Dr. Corbin

My plastic surgeon was Dr. Frederic Corbin

Hello, my name is Meg. I'm 19 years old, and its been a little over five weeks since I had my surgery.

I wanted to say thanks to you for your wonderful website!! I made many decisions after looking through your page the past few months. I found the right size, and even found my PS as well, (Dr. Frederic Corbin of Brea California, you're awesome!!) and I think having my BA was the greatest thing I could have ever done for myself.

I've ALWAYS been so self conscience of how I look, since my breasts were so small (small B on a good day with a slightly padded bra). My fiance always told me how beautiful I was and large breasts didnt matter to him, but every time I saw a girl with large breasts, I became insanely jealous and felt intimidated by seeing big boobs on the TV. I always thought large, round breasts were beautiful and artistic and I just had to have them.

I found Dr. Corbin through this (thank you thank you!!) website. I looked through his credentials and his testimonials as well as photos. He seemed to be the right doctor for me, as well as the closest to my city. I had been researching Breast enlargement surgery for about a year before hand and towards the end of my search I pretty much knew EVERYTHING I wanted done. My consultation was a blast! I tried on the different sizes. I was finally able to see what I looked like with the breasts I'd always wanted. We came to decisions on my size at 400cc's Mentor Round/Smooth, procedure, risks, etc and picked a date!

Day 1 - I had my surgery on Dec 13th (one week from my 19th b-day on XMAS day ;) at 7:30 am. We actually arrived earlier than the doctor did, but I was so excited I made sure my fiance got me there ON TIME. I had never had surgery before, so obviously I was very nervous. The doctor's wife was also his assistant and she was always so wonderful to me during all my pre-op appointments. I left my fiance in the waiting room and the nurse took me to one of the back rooms to put on an apron and hair net and wait for the doctor to come in and get me ready. He came in and drew on my chest and took a few before pics of my breasts. He then left and the anesthesiologist came in and asked me a few questions about my health and told me about what he was there for. He was awesome.

The nurse came in and told me it was time and I gave my fiance a kiss goodbye and went to the operating room.

They led me in and laid me down on the table and strapped my arms down in a T position. I was so terrified of needles, I began to remember that they had to put the IV in soon. I kind of hyper-ventalated so the anesthesiologist gave me so laughing gas. I wasnt sure when he'd take it away, and I knew i would fall asleep eventually if I had enough (my old dentist used to give me nitrous too), so I made sure to take in as much as i could until they told me to calm my breathing down, the next thing I knew I was out and awoke pretty drowsy.

The nurse kept telling me to keep my eyes open. They had already dressed and wrapped me before I had awakened so she placed me in a wheelchair and wheeled me out to my fiance in the waiting room. I remember being taken out to the car, being strapped in and sleeping a little on the way home. It was only a five to ten minute drive to my house, but I do remember the bumps on the way.

My fiance managed to get me to the front door, but I began to dry-heave in the bushes before I went in. I had nothing in my stomach but anesthetic. It tasted horrible. He got me to my throne(couch) and I only slept a few hours before the pain kicked in. My god, I had no idea how bad the first day would be. I was only allowed to take half of my pain killers every few hours, because they said it would be too powerful for my weight. I was never hungry, but I wasnt allowed to take the medicine without eating something first. I had alot of soup and bread that first week. I was scared I would gain weight.

My fiance was nice enough to sleep on the couch next to mine the first week, so that made it a little more tolerable to me. I thought it was very sweet that he hand fed me too. I was pretty hilarious having soup dribble down my chin every few spoonfuls. I never really thought much about when women said they needed help getting up to go to the bathroom. But believe me, YOU DO.

A friend of mine stayed with me while my fiance went to work the entire week. So I always had help when I needed it.

Day 2 - I was able to get up and walk around by the second day. All of closest friends called to see how I was doing, I guess they were also fascinated too, one because I had surgery, and two because it was for my boobs. I still wasnt able to use my arms at all, but walking was definitely a good thing. The pain was still pretty bad that day. It wasnt so much inside my chest that hurt, it was the Tight wrap i had on over my surgical bra. The nurse was supposed to call me on the morning of the second day, but I couldnt bear the wrap and I called a little early that day. I just had to know when was I allowed to take it off. She told me that I was allowed to that day. You would not believe the sense of relief I felt hearing her say that.

My fiance and I decided not to actually look at my breasts for a few days just to keep it exciting. When I took my wrap off, I could see my breasts popping out of my surgical bra. They sure do mean it when they say "they start out up to your chin".

I still couldnt really do anything else, like use a can opener for soup or raise my arms above my waist... I needed help still getting up from the couch and pulling my pants up after going to the bathroom ;P I'd have to say the pain was pretty bad the first two days. It felt weird NEEDING the pain medicine every few hours, but I felt at that time that I'd just die without it.

Days 3-5

I had a very hard time sleeping the first week, considering I HATE sleeping on my back, nonetheless in a TOTALLY inclined position. I had to sleep sitting straight up the first week. Oh, I was finally able to shower on the 3rd day, that was one of the greatest feelings, after feeling icky for three days prior. I couldnt lift my arms, so I lowered my head to shampoo. Also, this was the first time I got to see my boobs without the bra on, I almost died! They were PERFECT!!! Everything I could have ever hoped for in them, was there. They were round, firm, gorgeous!! I remember my fiance's first reaction, "they're too big!" which made me all the happier. One thing that got in the way of my recovery was the fact that one of my college professors had finals during the lastest time possible and I had to go back to school 6 days after my surgery. My boobs werent noticeable due to the fact that I would put the wrap back on over my surgical bra when I went out in public. I took my test and went back home, to sleep ;)

Week 2 went by without any problems. The most pain I had was easily taken care of with the pain killers, and the bruising was going away fairly fast. I hadnt taken the tape off my stitches, I just let it come off on its own. I was careful not to let the shower water hit my nipples too much. These past few weeks have been going great. I did some shopping, not on bras really (I only bought one) but more on shirts that I knew I could never wear before. The swelling is completely gone, and though my breasts are smaller than they were the first week, I still love them at their 34C/32D size, and would do it all over again if I had to! One other thing that makes me smile inside is the fact that I did this in the winter time. By summer, I'll be ready for those itty bitty bikini's that was never able to flatter me before ;)

Thank you so much for this site!!! Your site's the best!

Very VERY Happy... Meg

- Meg

Previous Story Next Story
Breast Augmentation and Breast Implants - Experiences, Journals, Stories and Advice from Our Visitors


Before and After Photos

Online Polls

Online Contests

©1998-2012 Advice Media