A Woman's Guide to Breast Augmentation
and Breast Implants
Find an ImplantInfo Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Near You

Laura's Story

Breast Implants and Breast Augmentation Stories from our Visitors

If you have already read Nicole's Story, you have a pretty good idea what this section of the website is all about. After several women emailed their breast augmentation stories to us, we thought it would be great to have women share their full-length recovery stories after their breast implant surgeries for everyone's benefit. Thankfully, many women have contributed, some in more detail than others.

Here are the stories of our visitors. Many names have been changed for privacy. Where appropriate, there is detail in parentheses so you can decide if you are interested. Click on a name to read.

Contribute Your Story Here!

I LOVE How I Look

I am 39 years old, married with 2 children ages 5 & 6. I am a prominent business owner in Northern California. I started thinking about a BA about 10 years ago. Many of my friends are quite a bit younger than I and all have had BA without incident and all are very very happy. I saw my Plastic Surgeon back in Feb. 98, we chatted for about 45 minutes and I knew that based on our conversation plus the fact that I had seen his work first hand that he was my Doctor. He was very sweet and sensitive, answered all my hundreds of questions and told me to call him if I thought of anything else. I called him about 4 times over the next year with questions that I could not answer from all of the research I had done. In Feb. of 99 we scheduled my BA for March 31, 1999. We decided that we would take me from a 36B to a full C (I am 5'4, 125-130 lbs). We were going with Mentor smooth round implants 375's filled to 425cc's.

I have a slight heart condition (Mitral Valve Prolapse) so we spoke about that in great detail and he explained that he would inject a very strong antibiotic during surgery and that I would be taking antibiotic pills for a week or so after surgery as a precautionary measure. I was scheduled to be at the surgery center at 7:30 a.m. On the morning of the surgery I kissed and hugged my kids like I wasn't going to see them anymore, going under anesthesia is scary and you just never know. We drove the 40-miles to the surgery center and I was soooo nervous. When I got there my Doctor came out immediately and said hello to me and my husband, he brought me in the back introduced me to the anesthesiologist and started marking my breasts.

After so many years I couldn't believe I was finally doing it, I felt like I was dreaming. My husband was with me and he kissed the top of my head as they were rolling me to the surgical unit and I think the last 2 things I said to him were I love you and my will is in the dresser top drawer. They wheeled me into the very bright white surgery unit and there was a lot of activity. The anesthesiologist told me to relax (ha) and that he was going to give me something through my IV to take the edge off, I woke up at 10:30 a.m. in the recovery area. I felt like an elephant was on my chest, I was groggy and not a happy camper. My husband was in a chair next to me and asked how I felt, I think I growled at him. I was very out of it and in a lot of pain. The nurse gave me a pain shot and I fell asleep. I was shaken awake again at about 1:30 p.m. and told to drink some apple juice and to eat a few crackers, this really was the last thing I wanted to do. My chest was wrapped tightly in ace bandages and I felt like I would explode. I could barely move and couldn't even believe that the nurse was talking to me like she expected me to leave. I was in disbelief when she started to dress me. I was very upset. They gave me 2 Vicodin and a vile full to take home with me. They lifted me out of bed at 4:30 p.m. and into a wheelchair and took me out to my car to start the 40-mile journey back to my house. The ride home was horrible. I was questioning my decision to have this surgery done.

Once home and in my bed I was an absolute monster for about 3 days, the Vicodin made me terribly nauseous and I couldn't get into a comfortable position and worst of all I couldn't sleep. I never realized how much I took my chest muscles for granted. When I went to the restroom I was helpless. I know my husband truly loves me for the things he helped me with during that first week. After my first check up visit and the unveiling I was very disappointed, my breasts looked so strange they were very high on my chest and I had a lot of cleavage, leaving them in a D shape. My PS said this was normal and that they would eventually fall into place.

I was about 9 days post op and was happy; I had taken a shower by myself and was able to lift my arms enough to wash my own hair. As I stepped from the shower I looked over at the mirror and saw blood dripping from my left breast, I yelled for my husband. I was shaking he thought I popped a stitch and we noticed that the blood was not red but like a burnt orange color. Of course it was about 6:00 p.m. I called my PS and got his voicemail stating that he was on vacation and to call his associate with any emergency. I felt this was an emergency so I called. He told me to put a bandage over my nipple and to come into his office the next morning at 9:00 a.m. It was a tough night, not much sleep and still questioning my decision to have this BA.

The next morning I went to go see a Dr. that I had never met before to have him look at my still bleeding breast. He called me into his private office and asked me to take my shirt off. My husband assisted and the Doctor immediately started squeezing my left nipple. He then announced that I had a hematoma and that they would have to open me up to make sure I had no clotting, internal bleeding or infection. I was stunned, he called in his nurse and she took me to a surgery unit that he had right in his office. They prepped me for surgery, laid me on the table, sterilized my breast and gave me a shot of local anesthesia. The Doctor came in and started working on my breast, I was draped so I couldn't see a thing, I felt a little tugging and pulling as I watched him singing to a popular song that was playing on the radio. The whole procedure took about 10 minutes and I was back in the car on my way home.

Three days later I went to see my PS and he told me that they had actually popped the implant out, took a quick biopsy, squirted me with antibiotics and closed me up. The biopsy came back fine but I couldn't shake the unbelievable feeling that they had popped my implant out. I was to come back in 10 days to have the stitches removed again. During this time my right breast felt very hard and continued to be very high on my chest. I was still not a happy camper. I told my husband that if anything else went wrong that I just wanted them out of my body. My recovery was rough; I was very swollen very sore and very high and hard. At about the 12-week post mark I started to see a difference in my left breast, which was the one that got reopened. It started to soften and drop. I spoke with my PS every week to give him updates on my right breast. It was still right under my chin. I started wearing tight, low-cut blouses because the left breast started looking so good. Unfortunately, I was so lopsided. Finally I went to see my PS and we both decided that I needed to have yet another surgery on my right breast since it was not falling into place on its own.

Given the fact that I agreed to have another surgery my PS and I decided to open both sides. We decided to widen the pockets and to put in new implants. We decided on Mentor smooth round 475's filled to at the very least 500 cc's. I had my 3rd surgery on Sept. 1, 1999. We used a different surgery center and a different anesthesiologist. We decided to go with a local and sedatives. I was more nervous the morning of this surgery than I was any other time but I had total confidence in my PS. He came in marked up my breasts and told me that I'd be ready to do the NY Times crossword puzzle right after surgery. I laughed. Once again I got wheeled into the O.R. again I reminded my husband where my will was located and again I lay on the table.

As they were strapping my arms down my PS looked me in the eyes and said we're gonna make you very happy this time. I woke up 1-½ hours later with no pain and felt like I had taken a nap. I was refreshed and feeling really good. 30 minutes later I was on my way home. I was given Darvocet and some anti-nausea suppositories. I took 1 pill that night, used a suppository and fell asleep. I was a little sore the next day but was able to log on and received so many wonderful e-mails and online greeting cards from the group in your chat room. I am 19 days post op and I feel great. My breasts look perfect. We ended up putting 500 cc's on the left and 510 on the right. They are perfectly even and outstanding. My stitches are out and we have begun massage. I went into Victoria Secret last week and asked to be measured. I happily stood up straight and held my chest out, I was measured at a 36D / small DD. I bought 5 bras and walked out of that store with the biggest smile on my face. Since this most recent surgery I can honestly say I am HAPPY with my decision and I LOVE how I look.

I went through hell but after all is said and done it was well worth it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Laura, San Francisco, CA

cost of abortion

abortion cost click how much abortion pill The outgrowth is not lying proportionately buy abortion pill abortionpill-online.com buy abortion pill irreconcilable include told us . Presenttime centralization, the bracket capital regarding the Slides biotic tide relating to unalike shoddy entities whereby its gogetting tot up checklist and their into the bargain completion.

- Laura

Previous Story Next Story
Breast Augmentation and Breast Implants - Experiences, Journals, Stories and Advice from Our Visitors


Before and After Photos

Online Polls

Online Contests

©1998-2012 Advice Media