Krystal's Story

home > personal stories > visitor stories

Breast Implants and Breast Augmentation Stories from our Visitors

If you have already read Nicole's Story, you have a pretty good idea what this section of the website is all about. After several women emailed their breast augmentation stories to us, we thought it would be great to have women share their full-length recovery stories after their breast implant surgeries for everyone's benefit. Thankfully, many women have contributed, some in more detail than others.

Here are the stories of our visitors. Many names have been changed for privacy. Where appropriate, there is detail in parentheses so you can decide if you are interested. Click on a name to read.

Contribute Your Story Here!

Large Implant Story

On March 5th, 1999 My surgery was scheduled for 12:00 and I was so nervous, but my husband told me I was going to be fine and he made me feel very comfortable. The DR called us into the room and told us both a few things to do after surgery. He told my husband that I was going to be fine and he was not really going to have to wait on me hand and foot, (shucks, I wanted to feel like a queen for a few days, lol). Then the nurse came and took me to another room, that's when I got really scared when I had to leave my husband standing there. She really assured me that I was going to be fine, she started the IV. I hate needles, and she did it so easy I did not feel it. She also put some anti nausea medication in my IV and that's all I remember.

I woke up about 2:00 in a recliner very warm from all the comfortable blankets. As soon as they seen I was awake, they put me in a wheel chair and wheeled me out to my husband where he was waiting in the truck. I don't remember anything about the ride home. My husband helped me into the house after our 1 1/2 drive home and put me on the couch. I felt like I had 100 pounds on my chest but other than that, I was fine. I did not take any pain medication. I did not sleep well that night, stayed up and watched TV. I do remember everyone coming by to visit me (family and friends).

Saturday, March 6th: I slept a lot more this day, I was uncomfortable in my back. I took 2 Tylenol Extra Strength and laid back down. My husband had to go to work so my mother came over to help me. I only had problems when I slept for a while on the couch and wiggled my way down flat. Since I could not use my arms, it was very hard to get up off the couch. I felt like I was STUCK. My husband made me get up and walk around alittle. We rented some movies and I laughed and laughed, that's not easy to do right after a BA, lol. I slept better that night, felt great.

Sunday, March 7th: My husband made me get up and walk around outside. I had to keep wearing my pushup bra, that's what I came home in. I did finally get to take a shower and my husband helped me a lot. Although I did not even chance on washing my hair, since I was not supposed to lift my arms up high. I Walked a lot more that day. I only had to take 1 Tylenol. We watched more movies and laughed again. My stitches were healing up great. Everything looked great, I was not bruising nor was I swollen. I felt great and I looked great. No sickness or pain, I loved it!

Monday, March 8th: I had to get up early and drive my 5sp Jeep about 4 miles up the road, I had a lot of turns and bumps. But I made it there doing baby turns, lol. It was quite a challenge but it felt great to get out of the house. My mom picked me up there and brought me home. I talked he into washing my hair in the sink for me and styling it for me. She did great, she helped a lot. We went shopping at Walmart, had a great time. Later that day she took me back to pick up the Jeep and I did fine driving home. It made me feel better to loosen up a little.

Tuesday, March 9th: Me and mom went and washed clothes at the laundry mat, since my washer tore up the night before my surgery. I went to the DR to get the stitches taken out and my DR told me that I recovered well, he could not believe that I did so well. He told me that I would never have to massage my new twins unless I worked out a lot in my upped body, then I would have to rub them a little. My scars looked great, they were fading so well.

Wednesday, March 10th: I went back to work were I sell auto parts. I did fine but being on my feet all day took a toll on me, I had to sit in a chair with a back on it and that felt better. I stayed there most of the day, but came home a little early, I did not want to over do it at first. The people their helped me a lot by lifting things for me.

Everything after that went back to normal. I started exercising about 3 weeks after my surgery and I started really light weights. I felt great and they were really starting to feel like me. After about 1 1/2 months, they started dropping and feeling soft. I started feeling like myself again.

On July 15 At my 4 month appt, I told the DR that I thought they had dropped to much. Like for instance when I wear a T-shirt with No bra, it does not look like I had a BA. And I wanted people to realize it, I did not want them to look saggy. So my Doc told me that he could go in and tighten the muscle and lose skin up and add more fluid to them, if I decided to go through with it. Well, it was going to be free he said. I talked it over with my husband, and even though I did not want to be put under again, I decided to go through with it. I scheduled it for Oct 6th. I could have done it earlier but I decided to wait.

Oct 6th: My appt was made for 3:00, but I actually went into the operating room at 4:00 and they started the Iv and I noticed that the nurse did not put as much anti nausea stuff in the Iv like she did the first surgery. I was very nervous when they were putting me under and getting me ready. I remember faintly feeling them working on me and as I moaned they upped the dose of medicine. I think a redo, since its not as major, you don't have to be put under as much. Well, when I awoke in the recliner with all those comfortable warm blankets on me they wheeled me out to the truck, it was 6:00. When I got in the truck I was seeing 3 cars in front of us, I was more alert than last time. As we got closer to home, I got sick, I think it was a motion thing because I could finally see 1 car instead of 3. I was able to walk myself inside the house and sat down on my recliner that I got after my first BA, I really could have used it during the first surgery, lol. I got sick again and relaxed and felt better. I did not have any pain at all besides the underwire bra I have been wearing. But I could tell they had been lifted and I was happy with the results. I was able to do all my normal stuff and everything is going great. I went back to the DR to get my stitches taken out 6 days after my surgery and I was healing fine. He told me that I could get back to everything I was doing before but to remember that I had a surgery and not to overdue myself.

Now 3 weeks later, I feel normal again. Everything is doing great. I am back to doing everything that I was doing before. My scar under my right breast was swollen for an about 2 weeks but its finally going down. Well, I would be happy to answer any question you might have.

- Krystal

View My Photos - Krystal

Previous Story Next Story
Breast Augmentation and Breast Implants - Experiences, Journals, Stories and Advice from Our Visitors
© Advice Media