A Woman's Guide to Breast Augmentation
and Breast Implants
Find an ImplantInfo Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Near You

Jenni's Story

Breast Implants and Breast Augmentation Stories from our Visitors

If you have already read Nicole's Story, you have a pretty good idea what this section of the website is all about. After several women emailed their breast augmentation stories to us, we thought it would be great to have women share their full-length recovery stories after their breast implant surgeries for everyone's benefit. Thankfully, many women have contributed, some in more detail than others.

Here are the stories of our visitors. Many names have been changed for privacy. Where appropriate, there is detail in parentheses so you can decide if you are interested. Click on a name to read.

Contribute Your Story Here!

I Couldn't Be Happier with Dr. Studin

My plastic surgeon was Dr. Joel R. Studin

It took me a year and a half from the first consultation I had with Dr. Studin to the surgery date. I researched and met with other doctors and worried a lot about the sizes. I knew that from an A cup I wanted to have a substantial difference in size. I wanted a D to a DD but had no clue about cc's and another of my major concerns was a gap between the breasts. These things worried me like crazy right up to the early recovery stage. About 2 weeks before my surgery in July of 1998, my fiancée and I met with Dr. Studin and his assistants to do the sizing. They had me put on a sports bra (I normally would have bought a small, but brought in a medium) and they started to insert sizers of different cc amounts into the sports bra.

They began with the 400cc's and right away I knew they were way too small for me. Then they put in the 525cc's. At first, I liked the 525cc's but knew that if these shrunk at all, they would be too small. I definitely wanted to go bigger and get a guarantee that after settling, I would still be in the D range. I chose the largest sizer they had-575cc's-and still wanted more so they filled up another 50cc's into an empty sizer and doubled the 2 up. Dr. Studin said it was my choice and did not limit my decision in any way. He would not tell me what size I would end up with since he knew it is so subjective, but told me I would be in the D range. He also informed me that he would overfill the implants by 50cc's which was the amount he normally overfilled.

I set the surgery date and left full of concern about the size, primarily going too big. I thought I would be an E cup in the end since I was so unsure. But I stayed with my first impression and kept the size to 625cc's overfilled to 675. Dr. Studin's office had given me a detailed booklet with every question you could imagine. He detailed the events of the surgery day in the booklet and reviewed complications and medications, etc. It was extremely thorough.

The day of the surgery, I left very early to go to his Great Neck, NY office (it was my first time there since I normally had seen him at his Manhattan location). I was there before the nurses. I wore my fiancée's button down shirt, underwear and very loose shorts, plus sneakers, no socks. They had me undress, put the gown on and lay in a room reading magazines with my fiancée sitting there with me. Dr Studin arrived shortly after and came in and greeted us both. Then, the anesthesiologist came in and told me all about his role and how safe he would make sure I was. He was very calming and told me how much he had admired Dr. Studin's work himself and that I should feel good about my decision to use him. I was already.

They wheeled me in at about 10:45am. It was a Wednesday and I was the first surgery of the day. I laid on a very cushy and comfortable table and the nurses and anesthesiologist kept patting my hand and telling me how great everything would turn out. Within seconds, I was out. I don't remember any pain or discomfort from them putting in the IV or anything, it all happened fast and they had me talking the whole time so I didn't notice much.

I woke up and labored to breathe, but it was not painful. I was freezing and propped up on a recovery bed with a large blanket on me. The nurse told me that my fiancée had gone out and wasn't back yet but that they would send him in the moment he arrived. I was groggy and they were talking to me and I was answering but not very well. My fiancée came in and started taking pictures of me on the recovery bed - they are horrible pictures I can assure you. I lay there for what seemed like an hour and was tired but not sleeping. At one point, I started to feel burning sensations around my breasts and shooting sensations of moderate pain. I told my fiancée that it was starting to hurt me and within a second Dr. Studin was there with an assistant giving me an injection of pain medication and him telling me to relax and let him know if I was uncomfortable at all.

I left between 1-2 hours after that. The nurses dressed me and talked to my fiancée and I about pain pill and antibiotic schedules. He assured them that he would be with me. I started to feel very nauseated while they were talking about that and the nurses had me sniff some rubbing alcohol and the nausea went right away. I slept the whole car ride home and don't remember much. My fiancée helped me into our house and I laid on the couch for hours. There was an ace bandage wrapped tightly around the top of the breasts to the small of my back and it was a bit uncomfortable. I slept all day taking pain pills and mostly only experiencing backache from the bandage.

That night, the nurse called my house and talked to me. Normally I would have been required to return the next day to learn to massage the breasts. However, my fiancée is a musician and had an important gig the next day and I didn't have a ride there. So they allowed me to return 2 days after the surgery. The next day, I took the pain pills, slept a lot and laid on the couch. Since my fiancée wasn't around, I got up and made myself soup and stuff, but I felt weak and had trouble carrying the bowl. The muscle relaxers that I took less frequently than the pain pills were terrible and made it hard for me to think. I was so groggy and not myself. I talked on the phone to some people that day and they still goof on some of the things I was saying.

Day 2 -

On Friday, the 2nd day since surgery I took the pain pills and muscle relaxers and went back to Great Neck and Dr. Studin's office. I met with his nurse Sandy and she took off the ace bandage (thank God) and told me to squeeze the breasts together with my arms 5 minutes of every hour, every day for a month. Nothing else, just pushing the breasts together to eliminate the slight gap between them and keep them close and flexible. I left there foggy from the medication and went home again. That day, I decided that no matter what, I wanted off the medication. I wanted to think again.

I never thought the pain was that bad. It was a little uncomfortable, but not bad. I started to not take the muscle relaxers and pain pills and switched to extra strength Tylenol. I did take 1 pain pill before bed, but nothing else. The pain remained totally bearable and not that much of a concern. At times the breasts seemed so tight I thought my nipples would pop off. I had steri strips under the nipple where the incision line was and my breasts were hideous. They had huge bulges on top and my nipples pointed down. I couldn't get them wet for the first week so sponge baths were a real pain. Plus, I was totally constipated for a week and I hated it. I took stool softeners and Correctol for the week but thought it would never end.

I started working 5 days after surgery and I was weak and tired, but I could work. Also, driving a car was still hard, since my arms felt too weak to turn the stirring wheel. I was so afraid that everyone was noticing since my breasts were so weird looking under my baggy shirts, but no one said a thing. Every day there was major major improvement. I was massaging a lot and trying to get them softer but they were very firm.

A week after surgery and 2 weeks after surgery, I saw Dr. Studin. He said, "Yes, your funny looking, but I told you that you would be. Be patient and you will be happy." He was so right. About 2 weeks after surgery, I tried to sleep on my stomach for the first time, the result was a rash below my stitches that was itchy and required hydrocortisone cream so I stopped that. There were so many stages of improvement and every week, every month they were better and better. I ended up with a full 34D and sure, I wish they were bigger but would be afraid to touch them because they turned out so perfect. My incision line is almost invisible and is totally not noticeable unless you look for it. My breasts are perfectly shaped and soft with very little space between. I couldn't be happier with the job Dr Studin and his staff did. I love my new breasts and if I ever decided bigger, I would only do it if he could perform the surgery. Thanks, Jenni

Jenni is a patient of Joel R. Studin, M.D. 
- Jenni

View My Photos - Jenni

Previous Story Next Story
Breast Augmentation and Breast Implants - Experiences, Journals, Stories and Advice from Our Visitors


About This Patient

  • Age: 24
  • Height: 5' 6''
  • Weight: 112
  • Placement: Below Muscle
  • Pre-op Bra Size: 32A
  • Post-op Bra Size: 34D
  • Implants: Saline
  • Fill: Right 625CC Left 625CC

Before and After Photos

Online Polls

Online Contests

©1998-2012 Advice Media